KLINGERmilam PSS is an asbestos free sealing material based on mica reinforced with stainless tanged insert. It is specifically designed for hot, dry gas applications up to 900°C and 5 bar. However, the outstanding chemical resistance of mica makes the gasket suitable for a wide range of other applications.
- Pure mica with tanged stainless steel reinforcing insert
- Suitable for exhaust manifolds, turbines, turbochargers, air heat exchangers and burner ducting
- Low weight loss at high temperatures
- Excellent resistance to embrittlement
- Good resistance to aggressive acids, bases, solvents and mineral oils
- Good compressive strength
Test and Certifications
- Compressibilty ASTM F36A - 15%
- Recovery ASTM F36A - 50-55%
- Stress relaxation DIN 52913 - 40MPa
- Stress relaxation BS 7531 - 32MPa
- Weight loss at 800°C - 5%
- Sheeting (m): 1.2 x 1.0
- Thickness (mm): 1.3, 2.0, 3.2
- In area one, the gasket material is normally suitable when a minimum gasket load of 40 MPa is guaranteed.
- In area two, the gasket materials may be suitable but a technical evaluation is recommended.
- In area three, do not install the gasket without a technical evaluation.