Serrated Metal Gaskets
The Klinger Maxiprofile is a composite gasket, which utilises a serrated metal core with a soft facing material. The metal core is machined on each contact face with concentric serrations which provide high pressure areas, ensuring that the soft coating flows into any imperfections in the flange even at relatively low bolt loads. The result is a gasket, which combines the benefits of soft cut materials with the advantages of seal integrity associated with metallic gaskets.
Expanded graphite is the most common facing material used for Maxiprofile gaskets. However, other materials can be used, such as PTFE for chemically aggressive duties or mica for high temperature duties.
- Have a wide range of seating stresses under which the seal is effected and maintained
- Can be used when there is insufficient bolt load to seal conventional gasket materials
- Easy to handle and fit
- Suitable for a wide range of operating conditions
- The soft facing layer prevents damage to the flange
- Provide a high integrity seal including thermocycling and shock loading conditions
- Can be refurbished with a new facing layer and reused
- Can be manufactured in a very wide variety of sizes and shapes according to customer design
The following Maxiprofile styles are available: