Hydraulic and Manual Bolt Torque Tightening and Tensioning
On-site bolt torque tightening service
For critical joint applications, Klinger Mzansi can supply fully equipped teams to "box up" equipment and pipe flanges.
Teams generally comprise two qualified technicians and a supervisor, with the required torque or hydraulic tensioning equipment for the flange assembly.
The teams follow a prescribed Klinger Mzansi procedure for joint assembly that is based on ASME PCC-1 "Guidelines for Pressure Boundary Bolted Flange Joint Assembly".
The procedure basically contains the following activities:
- Inspection of flange cleanliness, condition and surface roughness.
- Cleaning and lubricating of bolts, nuts and washers.
- Measuring initial flange misalignment.
- Installing the new gasket.
- Bolt torque tightening in prescribed increments to a predefined pattern, or
- Bolt tensioning in accordance with a predetermined procedure.
- Interim and final flange alignment measurements.
- Completion of a Supervisors Quality Control Plan.
- Issuing a Joint Completion Certificate containing all the relevant joint parameters.
- Tagging the joint with a metal tag for traceability.